With Valentine's coming in a couple days, I thought I would post a little kissin

g trivia for your reading enjoyment. I found these in the newspaper today.
- Anthropologists estimate that 90 percent of the world's people engage in kissing.
- Half of all people have their first kiss before the age of 14.
- Humans aren't the only species to exhibit kissing behavior. Bonobo apes kiss one another frequently, and many mammals nuzzle and lick each other's faces. Many species of birds also exhibit beak-to-beak behavior sometimes interpreted as kissing. (I defer to Melissa on the birds thing - is it really interpreted as kissing?)
- The average woman will kiss 79 guys before she's married. (Okay, I don't know about you, but I am way way under average here. I don't think Eric minds though.)
- A man who kisses his woman goodbye every morning averages a higher income than a guy who doesn't.
- The average one-minute kiss burns 26 calories.
- Kissing is a complex behavior that requires the use of 34 muscles.
2 comments:
Love the pic! We've been watching that movie the last few days. Got it from the library and introduced my little princesses to it. They want to watch it everyday! :-) Classic.
And 79 guys?!?! What in the world?! That's ridiculous! I can count on one hand the number of guys I kissed before getting married! Sheesh!
I am loving number 5! :-)
Awesome post!
If a one minute kiss is average (#6), we are definitely slacking in that area. I guess Casey and I need to kick it up a notch. Maybe that's what happens after almost 9 years of marriage.
Post a Comment