Monday, March 22, 2010

Tid-Bits

This is a totally random post. I just had some things I wanted to share because they were cute or weird, and none of them were worthy of an entire post. So, here goes...

Today we were driving in the car while it was raining. Emma looked at the rain drops on her window and called them polka dots of water. I loved it.

In the mail Eric received something I found completely odd. On the Envelope in large bold lettering it said "Important Graduation Information". Then we noticed it was addressed to Eric Meadows or Current Resident. Yeah, must be super important for Eric. Of course it wasn't, but I found it funny that they mailed it that way.

Emma is a Star Wars fan, and the other day was running around playing with her light saber. She was pretending to cut of just about all of our appendages and insisted we call her Darth Emma. Somehow I don't think that quite had the evil ring to it she was going for.

Emma's had a pink heart balloon ever since Valentine's Day. Balloons seem to last forever around here, and this one is no exception. Emma loves it and has named it. What is the name you ask? It's "Princess Heart Balloon". Eric and I think it's possessed. Have you ever known a possessed balloon? Not so much fun. I have twice been scared by this thing. Yes, twice. It slowly floats from room to room (or dances as Emma says, and with a boy balloon too - who is apparently invisible) and pops up at very unfortunate moments. The other night I went to check on Emma before going to bed. All the lights were out when I came out of her room. The balloon floated by, and since it was eye level, it completely startled me. Out of the corner of my eye it looked like someone standing there. The second time this balloon scared me was Saturday night. I was in the living room on the couch when the balloon popped itself slowly around the corner, as if it were someone who had broken in through one of the bedrooms. I was alone, so I knew it couldn't be Eric or Emma. Again, out of the corner of my eye it startled me. I can't wait until this balloon is gone.

Emma has been way too interested in what people think of her clothes lately. She just might be the most vain 4 year old around. It doesn't come off as vanity, but just looking at what she does and says it seems to fit. Every time we go into a store she asks if she can take her jacket off so everyone can see what she's wearing. Seriously, what's it going to be like when she's a teen?

And lastly, what does it say about me that sometimes my 4 year old is more mature than me? I won't give specific details, but does that seem sad to anyone else? Or is it perfectly fine?

No comments: