Friday, April 2, 2010

April Fools Trick

Emma LOVES playing tricks on Eric. And I suppose I don't really discourage this behavior. Wanting to do something but also wanting to keep it simple I decided to re-make some oreos. We scraped the cream out of the middle of some oreos and replaced it with toothpaste. (My pictures don't want to work right now, but they looked real!)

Emma was very excited. Eric knew we would be doing something, but didn't know what. Just before he got home from work I told Emma "Don't say anything to Daddy about the cookies or the trick so he'll be surprised when he eats them." So what did Emma do? Right when Eric walked in she went up to him and said, "I'm not going to say anything about the trick." Hmmm. Maybe I wasn't clear enough? A little later she got the cookies and gave them to Eric. He knew by her behavior that this was the trick, but didn't know exactly what to expect. Being a good sport he took a big bite. Emma was practically rolling on the floor laughing. Almost an hour later she started laughing about it again. I think I might be in trouble when she gets older.

No comments: