Friday, September 2, 2011

First Day of First Grade

Yesterday was Emma's first day of first grade.  I still can't believe how old she's getting.  She loves school!  And yesterday was no exception.  I think this year will go a little more smoothly than last year simply because she'll be in the same school and the same class all year!  She was all smiles in the morning, and then all smiles when I went to pick her up.  Can't ask for more than that I guess.  Of course, I miss her while she's gone (I always do), but at least I know she's having fun.  After dropping her off I went to breakfast with a few friends, sort of as a distraction to the initial missing of our children.  It was really fun (and yummy).  Thanks again gals!

This year Emma wanted to wear the exact same thing she wore last year on the first day.  So I thought I'd throw some of last year's pictures up for comparison.  The only difference in her outfit is the length of her leggings.  I can't believe how much she's grown.  :-(  What happened to my itty-bitty baby?  Ugh, well that's a lament for another post.
Last year
This year
Last year
This year
My big first grader

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I know what you mean. I always tell Abi to stop growing up. Emma's pictures are so cute- both last year and this year! I'm glad she had a great day too.

Jen said...

What a cute idea for her to wear the same outfit as last year. I know my girls could probably still wear the same outfits from even two years ago. Emma looks darling in both kindergarten and 1st grade. Good luck to her!

P.S. Emma and Annie have the same backpack this year.

Seth and Julie said...

She looks so much more grown up one year later. Wow! Her face definitely shows that she had a great day and the moms should do the breakfast thing more often. It really helped and heaven knows I do not get out enough. Glad everyone made it through the day and I am so excited for a 3 day weekend already!