The evening started off great with the Utes winning their game!! Go Utes! Then we played games all evening long. Emma loves playing Eric in chess, especially on her new pink and white board, but she also loves her Lego games. I think she has 8 Lego games now. She got some new ones for Christmas, including 2 new Lego Heroica games. These ones are great because you can play them individually or you can combine them into bigger games. So of course Emma wanted to combine all 3 of hers into a huge game. I can't remember who won - I just know if wasn't me.
There was also some gaming on the Wii. Emma loves sword fighting, and is actually really good at it. Eric and I have to really try our best to beat her! But she also loves dancing. I've added a video below of her dancing with Eric to Katy Perry's Hot n Cold.
Emma was very excited to stay up until midnight. She's done it the past couple years, but this year she seemed more excited and more alert than ever. I think she just may have her mom's night owl gene. She was giddy as we counted down and gave the very best new year's hugs ever! She loved toasting our sparkling cider, and was hesitant to go to bed. Even after midnight she didn't want to miss out on anything.
The next day we had church in the afternoon. Awwwww. It was so nice to not be in such a rush in the morning. I even had time to do Emma's hair. I had seen a cute style online and tried it. Emma really liked how it turned out. Gee, I may just start doing her hair every week.
And I have had a hard time adjusting to life if this new year. I was so busy over Christmas break doing as little as possible, that having to function again has proved to be a little difficult for me. Maybe by next month I'll be ready. Maybe.




3 comments:
can i come over and play the wii dance game? i've been wanting to play FOREVER! My boys aren't really interested and thus i can't justify the purchase but i just wanna dance!
You can come over anytime LeShel!
Looks like so much fun. Emma's hair is cute. Someday Eliza will have enough hair to do that! Your appetizers look yummy. We didn't even stay up till midnight! We woke up briefly at midnight then went back to sleep!
Post a Comment