So what is there to possibly complain about, really? Well, this super rewarding part of parenthood? It also happens to be one of the worst parts of parenthood. At least for me. It's a weird paradox, but a true one. Every moment she grows takes her further and further away from that precious baby and little girl she once was. I still think she's precious, of course, but in a different way. I hope you know what I mean. I'm guessing you do. There are times I wish I could go back and relive everything with her again up to this point. And not because I want to do things differently, and not because I don't like how things are now, but just because. I want to keep that little child version of her in my pocket at all times, and not lose it.
What brought all this on you ask? Well, aren't you nosey! J. I was searching for a particular picture amongst our photo files when I stumbled upon a little video of Emma from a trip to southern California that took place exactly 4 years ago this week. I watched it half a dozen times, either smiling or almost crying every time. That makes me sound extremely emotionally unbalanced doesn't it?! I thought I'd share it with you along with a couple pictures from the same trip. For those who knew her then, please come reminisce with me. If you didn't know her then, then here's your chance to meet my little girl from back in the day. I can't believe how much she's grown and changed since then...
| I love her squinty face in this picture due to the bright sun! |

4 comments:
I completely know what you mean! Those pictures and video are adorable by the way.
I also relate to this. I SO badly want to do it over again. I tell Seth all the time that I do not want any more kids, I just want to rewind and live it all over again with the ones I have.
Emma is so sute and to me she looks exactly the same as she does now, only smaller.
Such a sweet post about Emma. It is bittersweet to watch them grow. I'm having the hardest time with Violet growing up because I know she's the last baby for me. I so want her to stay little and innocent.
Oh my how I adore this! She is the sweetest thing ever. I kind of permanently have her in my mind around this age 2-3 years old when we went to Disneyland twice. I am already sad thinking of Eliza growing up.
Post a Comment