Saturday, July 7, 2012

Museum of Science & Industry

We recently went to the Museum of Science & Industry in Chicago.  Emma and I had never been, and Eric had only been once a few days earlier with his work, and didn't get to see everything he wanted.  We arrived a few minutes before they opened, and spent almost the entire day there.  They are only open for 7 1/2 hours, and we were there for 6 1/2 of them.  And no, we didn't see everything.  We'll definitely be going back.   We had so much fun, and Emma loved just about everything.  I thoroughly enjoyed seeing her excitement at trying and seeing so many fun things.  We decided to stop in Chinatown for some dinner before coming home, and it was delicious.  It turned out to be a fabulous day.
The only US owned German U-Boat from WWII (really poorly lit for pictures)
Emma trying out one of the submarine beds.  She's still small enough that it doesn't seem too crowded for her.
The actual Apollo 8 Command Module that orbited the moon
Inside a wind tunnel of sorts
Helping to demonstrate how a tornado works
Definitely not the most magnificent Chinatown I've ever been to, but our dinner was great, so I'm not complaining.
  

2 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

I love that museum...probably my favorite one.

Cheryl said...

I love that museum too. We haven't been in a really long time- I may need to head down there soon.