![]() |
| Emma wrote this in the room where Nathan would be staying. |
We went out to Lake Geneva for some lunch at the Sprecher restaurant there and to wander around the shops and by the lake. It was a perfect day for it! With so much rain lately it was fabulous to get outside and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. Lunch was delicious, and we came across some very interesting items in some of the stores. Emma's favorite was this hat. It's made of sheep's wool. It was awesome!The lake was beautiful. Eric being Eric, he just had to dip his feet in the water. Eric's never met a river or stream or pond or lake or any body of water that he didn't want to walk around in. Regardless of how cold it might be (I mean the water's temperature, not the temperature outside. He doesn't seek out this activity in the middle of winter... usually.). As we finally found a bench to relax on and enjoy the view, Emma was still a ball of energy, and kept walking back and forth along the edge of the sidewalk, or just running around in a circle on the grass. Yup, my kid is weird. Cute. But weird. And, because I was bored, you get the lake pictures slightly antiqued.
On Saturday Eric, Nathan and Emma all went to see the new Star Trek movie together. We had seen it the previous week (and I liked it), so I opted out this time. Then that evening we enjoyed a BBQ with some wonderful friends.
On Monday morning Eric and Nathan went out for breakfast, while I stayed home with Emma, who wasn't awake yet. When she got up and found out where they were, you should have seen the look on her face! She was NOT pleased. I, however, thought it was hilarious. Yeah, I'm not what you'd call a "good" mom.
Emma was very sad to see Nathan go. She loved spending time with him and having someone else she could relentlessly tease and show-off for. We hope he'll be back soon!








1 comment:
That hat (and Emma's face) is awesome.
I love wading in water too. It is soothing somehow.
Post a Comment