We went down to Chicago to go to the Christkindlmarkt they have each year. Eric and I were both hoping it would be something like the ones we went to on our missions. The one in Chicago was very small in area, but looked alright. It had been made up fairly cute. There were so many people there though we could hardly move. We were literally (as in the actual meaning of the word 'literally' and not the exaggerated use most people place on it now for added emphasis) touching shoulders with people around us the entire time. I was holding Emma's hand for fear I'd lose her in the crowd. So many adults meant Emma couldn't see anything other than the person in front of her. She would try to give herself a little space as we walked around, but each time someone else would just squeeze in front of us. I had to tell Emma that she couldn't have any personal space there. Not if we were ever going to move around. We walked around the place once, grabbed a quick bite to eat, and left. We only managed to look a little more closely at one shop. It was a nightmare. It took us forever to just walk around. We were all very ready to leave. Even though it was a bust, I'm glad we went so now we know to never go again. And we won't be wondering if it's super great like the ones we've been to in Europe.
![]() |
| This was the tree at the Christkindlmarkt. There wasn't room to move further back for a better shot. |
Emma sang in a school concert comprised of the 4th and 5th graders at her school. It was just as you would expect it to be. It's always fun to see Emma in these things, but I really wish I liked the song choices better. Emma was cute as always though, and she had fun seeing her friends.
On Christmas Eve Emma opened up the pajamas I'd made for her (well, I only made the bottoms. I bought the top to match).
Christmas Day was fun. Every year we try to cut back, and every year we fail. Oh well. We just had a nice quiet day at home this year. We had a delicious brunch, and then a yummy roast for dinner. We were planning on going to see a movie in the afternoon, but Emma was getting over being sick, and so we just stayed home and played some of our new games.
Early the next day we drove down to Ohio to visit with my brother and sister-in-law who were there visiting her parents. I was excited to see them, but really excited to see my nephew, who was only 2 weeks old the last time I saw him, and is now 18 months old. He was so cute! We only stayed for the one night, but it was great seeing them. And my sister-in-law's parents are great too - it's always fun seeing them. We exchanged gifts with all of them, and then just played games and hung out. I miss them already and can't wait to see them again!
![]() |
| Besides our other gifts, I made these hats for Michael and Ben. Michael loved the ninja turtles when he was younger, so they seemed perfect. I saw the idea here: http://chucksforchancho.com/2013/12/08/tutorial-tmnt-beanie/ |
This video is a cute one of Ben singing along with Michael
and Eric and Eric played his ukelele.











2 comments:
Love the ninja turtle hats! Those turned out great. Our little Maddy loves Ninja turtles. I tried crocheting once and failed miserably otherwise I would have to try those.
Christmas looks amazing.
What is the book on the couch that says German on it? I am trying to figure out a good way to help Abi brush up on her spanish and continue learning it (since they don't do it at the elementary school here) without having to shell out the bucks for rosetta stone.
Alex is standing here telling me that he knew only kiddos got more stuff for Christmas. Haha! If I'd have known you were looking for a new TKD bag, we have the nice red, white, and blue one that Alex might have been willing to part with since we are not making the move to the Boys and Girls Club. I should probably try to sell all his junk on Cragislist or something. Sad to be moving on, but I guess with all the changes over the years I finally hit my breaking point. Oh...and cute Ninja turtle hats!
Post a Comment