Emma turned 3 on Monday! I can't believe how old she is. With our upcoming move we decided to postpone a party with family until after we're settled in our new place. I don't think she'll be too upset with me or hate me for that. =) We wanted to do something fun with her though. We went bowling and mini golfing. It was her first time doing either, and she loved it.


She was so cute while she bowled - carrying the ball and struggling a little under the weight. She is a perfectionist, because everytime the ball hit some of the pins, instead of being excited or happy she just wanted to knock down the remaining pins. She was almost mad and upset that they had the audacity to remain standing. It was funny. Eric won the bowling, but Emma and I didn't do too bad (I guess it's all relative - maybe you're laughing at my score thinking how pathetic I am - so rude).
The miniature golfing was glow in the dark, and so pictures inside were not allowed. It had a dinosaur theme which she loved. I made up for my bowling performance. Eric and I both came in under par, but I beat him by 7 strokes. Yea me!! I lost count with Emma. Either she got a hole in one (by dropping the ball into the hole), or had about 30 strokes or so. She had so much fun.

Afterwards we decided to go to Chili's. I think Emma enjoyed her cake a little too much. What do you think?

When we got home we gave her a few of the presents we had for her. And yes, if you look closely enough that is Christmas wrap. My house is chaotic right now...I was lucky to find that! And yes that's a winter sleeper she's wearing in the middle of August - she's just been cold lately...even on 100 degree days. What can I say, she's wierd. As far as her presents go, she got a new purple moon chair (which she wanted to sleep in), some playdough, a fishing game, some coloring books, a doctor's kit, and of course some goodies. After we move we'll give her the rest of her presents (as soon as we unbox them). I think she had fun, because she kept singing the happy birthday song to herself all day.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday to Emma! Looks like she had a great day! I love the picture of her eating her cake!
I can't believe she's 3! She is so cute in her bowling shoes. And when it's my birthday I want that cake at chilis too. It is SO good!
For privacy reasons I have changed my blog address and removed our last name from the blog title. the new address is http://connieandcasey.blogspot.com
Post a Comment