Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day

Emma was so cute on Father's day singing in church. Eric didn't get to see her on Mother's day because I was in Phoenix, so he loved seeing her up there. And she knew the words to two of the songs. They sang a third that I hadn't heard them practicing the week before (and I was in the primary all day), so I didn't know to work on it with her during the week. The funny thing was that she moved her mouth as if she were singing anyway. Sly, but convincing if you weren't really looking at her mouth.

And on a side note (sort of), Gospel Doctrine was the best ever that Sunday. The lesson was good, but it's mostly because Eric had some chocolate he (and all the other dads) had been given at the end of Sacrament Meeting, and he kept putting pieces on my knee for me to eat. Yum! I highly recommend doing this. It makes anything even more enjoyable!

When we got home Emma gave Eric the card she had made in Primary, and then we gave him some other gifts too. Emma had made a tie for him and wrote a message to him and I framed it so he could take it to work. The marker she was using was different for her, so her writing was a little off, but it still turned out okay. I had given him a video game that ended up not being that great, so I had already taken it back (I gave it to him early), and not gotten anything else yet. Bad I know. But, so I could give him something on Sunday, I made a six pack of treats in IBC bottles. It was an idea I had seen online, and it worked great. We went to my sisters house for dinner with my family. It was nice being outside without it raining. My neice ended up being the star of most of my pictures - she's just so cute! Anyways, Happy Father's Day to Eric, my dad, and Eric's dad! I love you all.

No comments: