Last week Eric went to Chicago for work, so Emma and I went back to Colorado for a longer visit. It was nice to have more than just a day or two, even if it was cooler and kind of rainy. Emma also got to spend some time with her cousins. She had so much fun playing with them, and Brayden was SO cute saying Emma's name over and over. I was able to spend some fun time with Eric's family, including going to the Croc sale with Steph. Awesome. Eric flew into town on friday evening, and then on Saturday we went out to dinner with his twin brother and his wife followed by games at their house. Here are some of the highlights from the trip.
Visiting Great Grandma & Grandpa
Fun in Grandma's backyard
fishing in the pond
"sharing" the slide with Brayden
Making and Eating smores by the fire
"Fun" at the park
Most kids enjoy the slide. Mine was tired and cranky and wouldn't go down the slide. Knowing she would like it (as she usually does) once she tried it (and she eventually did like it), and being the mean mom I am, I made her go down, and by that I mean I put her on the slide and "gently encouraged" her to go. Thanks to Grandma we have this awesome shot of my grouchy, tired, and now traumatized Emma arriving at the bottom. Is it bad that I love this shot of her?
See? She did cheer up later. That is an actual smile on her face.

Reading books with Grandma

Reading books with Grandma
Eating ice cream with Tyler
The Zoo
Feeding the Lorikeets (and this one looked to be 100 years old)
Brayden really went all out on the drums!

Visiting the Dairy Farm

Eating more ice cream
Eating more ice cream

2 comments:
Fun pictures. I love the ice cream cone one at the end. :)
Looks like you guys had fun! Did you buy some crocs? That slide picture of Emma just cracks me up.... and yes you are a mean mom for "gently encouraging" her! J/K! I understand you have to do those things because as a parent you just know that they'll enjoy it! I also love the ice cream cone shot at the end. Looks like Emma really had fun, it's fun for her to see her other cousins sometimes!
Post a Comment