Funny story. On Saturday we were out running errands and decided to stop and get a late lunch/early dinner. It was at a restaurant we hadn't been to before, but had a gift certificate for. We went in, were seated, and I just couldn't decide what I wanted. More than once we had to ask for a few more minutes. Finally I decided, and we ordered. Soon after the food came, let's just say I found something wrong (and really gross) with my dish. I told our server and she took it back and got me something new. When she brought it out she apologized that it had taken so long, but everything had been turned off in the kitchen, and so needed to be turned back on again. Eric had some Baklava that came with his meal and I wanted to try it. I had never tasted it before and was curious. I went to cut a small piece off from the corner when the entire thing flew off the plate and landed in the middle of the floor right as our server came walking by. I didn't know it was going to do that! Honest. It was so tough that the knife wouldn't cut through it. Maybe that's how Baklava is supposed to be, but how was I to know? So our server went and got us a new piece of Baklava. Finally Eric put it all together and realized that this place closed at 3:00 pm. We had walked in at about 2:45 pm. No wonder they were so anxious to get our order! And then they had to remake my meal AND clean up the Baklava mess. I somehow don't think we were their favorite customers that day. Oh dear.
Today was the Primary program in our ward, which of course was Emma's first one. She did so awesome. She was the only one in the primary to have her part memorized, and I think she's the youngest. She said it nice and loud and clear. And she was singing all the songs so well. That's all she's done lately. Yesterday at their practice I think she was trying to out-sing the kids singing solos at the microphone. She even knew the sign language to
Families Can Be Together Forever. Of course, my view was different from Eric's since I was up in the stands on the other side with some other kids. I could sort of see her do her sign language because I was in the front helping the kids on my side with it. In fact, it was practicing with Emma that helped me learn it well enough to even have been asked by the music people to help. Yeah, cause I don't know sign language (except for that song now). It was fun seeing her though.
After church today we drove along the Alpine Loop to see the Fall colors. They were amazing! I don't think I've ever seen them quite so vibrant. Some of the reds were the deepest I've ever seen. We walked along a little trail for awhile and found a nice little spot to have a picnic in. Emma had fun playing with the bugs and taking pictures of all the aspen trees. It was a glorious day, and I'm so glad we were outside to enjoy it.





3 comments:
Beautiful pictures, and that's funny about the restaurant. :)
You guys took some great pictures! I LOVE the colors, isn't fall the best! Emma is a doll ;)
Wow, so pretty. I haven't been on that drive in years, I don' even remember it, we'll have to go too sometime.
Post a Comment