Sunday, March 14, 2010

Peanuts Anyone?

We have always had magnet letters on our fridge. Recently Emma has been spelling words with them. She's really good, but sometimes can't spell a word just right because we are missing a couple of the letters. Yesterday I thought I was going to die laughing when I saw what she had spelled. She showed me and told me she spelled peanuts. Here's the problem: T is one of the letters we are missing, and I guess she says it more with an I than a U. She also of course, didn't know about the A. After seeing the word I clarified with her a couple times what word she was trying to spell. Sure enough (and to my great relief) she was indeed trying to spell peanuts. Below is a picture of her spelling job. Do you see it?

7 comments:

Jill said...

That is such a bribe picture for later years! Her future husband will just love that.

ClancyPants said...

ROFL!!! THAT is an AWESOME story!!! HAHAHAhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Thanks for the laugh! :)

Dan and Jen said...

That is HILARIOUS!!! Of all the words in the world to spell, combined with the randomly missing letters. That is great! Love it!

Connie said...

SO Funny! I love that you took a picture of it too. And I bet she was so proud of herself for spelling a word on her own. Hahahaha! :)

Cara said...

Did you explain to her what she did spell? :) That is a funny story, I'm sure she'll get a good laugh out of it when she's older.

Holly said...

I did not explain to her what she did spell. I'll cross that bridge later. You know, when she's 20. =)

Christy said...

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

That is GREAT!

Emma, you made my day.