Emma started school this year! And I mean real school. She did preschool last year and loved it, but this is different. I can't believe she's old enough to go to elementary school!! She has had so much fun so far this year. She has had a great teacher, and has made some fun new friends. I was able to go into her class a couple times each week to volunteer. I went every Tuesday and helped with their normal activities, but I also went every Friday and did music with the combined Kindergarten classes. I also helped with the Halloween and Thanksgiving parties. I loved getting the know the kids and loved hearing them call me by name. We will miss this school, her teacher, and her class when we move. Since this is just a catch up post, here are just a few pictures from the school year so far.
First day of school

Each child gets to celebrate their birthday at school, as close to their birthday as possible. For Emma that meant right away. We made this poster to hang in the classroom that week.


For Halloween she wanted to be Superman. I guess technically she was Supergirl, but to her there was no difference. I forgot her gold belt the day of her Halloween party at school!

Her teacher was a great Mary Poppins.

This picture is actually from the another night in October, but this way you can see what her costume was supposed to look like with the belt.

Crazy hair day at school.


Thanksgiving Feast. They all made such cute pilgrims!


The last day of school before Christmas break. She had to say goodbye to her wonderful teacher.
No comments:
Post a Comment