The first was a Princess Tea Party. Unfortunately it was raining that day, but Emma still had fun inside. And doesn't she make the prettiest princess ever? The King and Queen were also at the tea party.

The Princess Festival was located on a huge property. It was built by a man who has tons of granddaughters and wanted a fun place for the family to get together. Seriously, this place is AMAZING!! I would have LOVED hanging out on these grounds. There was a sand volleyball court, basketball courts, a really nice covered playground, a picnic area, a gazebo, a big ballroom type building with an amazing collection of artifacts in the basement, lots of animal statues everywhere, a teepee, bridges, the 7 dwarves house with a slide off the back, tunnels connecting different places, a carriage with "horses", a castle with a mote and a dragon, lots of flowers, a big trampoline, lots of open space, and a fountain. So amazing. My pictures do it absolutely NO justice!





For the festival different groups of princesses were taken around on an adventure trying to solve some problem or help Cinderella or something. I don't remember exactly what the premise was, but the kids loved it. Before and after the adventure you could just wander around the property and enjoy everything. There was a scavenger hunt you could do too. And all the different princes and princesses were there for the girls to meet and have pictures with. There was Ariel and Eric, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella and Charming, Rose and Philippe, Snow White, Jack (you know, bean stalk jack), Red Riding Hood, Tiana and Prince Naveen, Peter Pan, Captain Hook, and Wendy, Alice, the Mad Hatter, and the Queen of Hearts, and Pocahontas. I don't think I'm forgetting anyone, but you get the idea.





















The final activity was a Daddy-Daughter Princess Grand Ball. This was also located on the big grounds, and mainly took place inside the castle. The princesses along with their dad's were led across the bridge to the castle, announced at the door, and then led across the courtyard and presented to the King and Queen. Then everyone was seated around the perimeter of the courtyard. The Kind made a short speech, and then the entertainment began. There was a jester who came and juggled among other things, and even juggled fire sticks while on a tall unicycle. Emma seemed to love him! Then everyone was brought out onto the floor and taught an official dance. They were taught the dance in segments. In between each segment there were other people who came in to dance for our entertainment. Cinderella also came to dance and then told the girls a story. Then everyone danced the entire official dance they had learned. Then finally they could eat. The official part was over, but you could stay and dance longer or go back outside and enjoy more of the grounds.


Emma with the sentries who would announce her and Eric as they entered the castle.
Being led to the King and Queen
Being presented to the King and Queen


The first bit of entertainment by the jester. He was quite good too. I was entertained watching him!
Some of the other entertainment that performed in between everyone learning the official dance.

Even Cinderella and Prince Charming danced.
Cinderella then told the girls a story. I love this picture too, because you can see just about everyone looking right at Cinderella, but in the left half, you an see Emma looking off to the right.
This is what she was looking at! Sorry Cinderella! You don't hold a candle compared with these sweets and goodies!

Performing the dance in its entirety. I didn't have the best view to take pictures, but I love how you can still tell how much Emma is loving this!


The purple triangle flag in the top of the picture perfectly points to Eric and Emma, mid-lift.

She finally got her goodies! You can tell she didn't really want to stop eating for a picture. Hence the courtesy smile!

It was so much fun seeing all the dads there with their daughters and being such good sports. I know Emma had so much fun with Eric!
If anyone wants to know more specifics about the where and the when of this activity, just leave me your email address in a comment and I'll email you the link.

1 comment:
Oh my gosh! I love the pictures of Eric and Emma in the carriage. So precious! I also love the one where she's looking over at the food. I agree with her line of vision in that one!
Post a Comment