Sunday, April 3, 2011

New Bike

Emma finally has a bike!! She is so excited! She hasn't stopped jumping up and down since we told her a few days ago we were going to get one. This is the kind of thing I would love to get more mileage out of - you know like giving it as a birthday present or something. But for Emma that wouldn't work. Her birthday is too late for an outdoor gift. How mean would that be? Here's a bike, but we'll probably only have a few weeks before you can't use it anymore. This way she'll have all spring and summer and fall. This is something I feel is long overdue. Well, maybe not long overdue, but overdue at least a little. It's just never been right or worked out before. A lot of it was based on where we lived (never in a house, which cramps the outdoor bike riding style a little). And now I'm almost more excited than she is. I've already had my eye on an amazing looking bike path in town that I'm dying to try out. And her helmet makes me happy. As I sit here I realize I don't have any good shots of her helmet, but you'll just have to take my word for it. It has flowers and butterflies on it (which normally I don't really love) in such a cute way, and the top is a bright fun blue with a pink bottom - and it just makes me happy! It's a smile inducing helmet! I'll admit to not liking the bag on the front of her bike though. It came with it, and there was a bad selection at the store of baskets. So hopefully soon we'll be able to find a more suitable & much cuter basket. Either way, Emma's thrilled and can't wait to get out and practice more after today attempt. It was a little windy and chilly today despite being gloriously sunny. So here's to a fabulous spring and summer hopefully spent in large part on our bikes.

2 comments:

Jill said...

She looks so excited in these pictures! The bike is so cute, and so is Emma!

Seth and Julie said...

I finally found your blog! Yay! I was a bit late getting my kids bikes too and they finally learned to peddle them last Summer (at 5 and 8 years old). Now we just need to work on getting the training wheels off before Junior High. I can't wait for bike riding weather!