Thursday, May 19, 2011

Random Emma-isms

I've been meaning to do a post about some of the funny things Emma has said.  A lot of these are simply mispronounced words (which I LOVE), but some are things she's said during prayers or other conversations.  Many of these things were mentioned on Facebook as my status update at one point or another, so if we're friends there you may have read some of them before.  But I don't consider Facebook to be a format for family memories.  I don't totally rely on this blog as a journal either, like some people do (I still write in another journal sometimes), but it does serve an incredible purpose as a part-time journal.  So believe it or not, I went back through my Facebook wall to pull those ones off to include here in this list.  Sorry for the repeat, but this post might just have to be more for me than you. I know, I'm selfish.  =)  This is a long overdue post (some of these things go back a couple years!), but I wanted to make sure I'll always remember these things. And they are in random order. I would love to put them in chronological order, but they're just in my head, so that kind of organization is not possible.  
- In her prayer one night Emma asked for our family to be blessed with a happily ever after. Sounds good to me!
- Once on our way home from Texas Roadhouse Emma was still raving about the peanuts. I asked her if she would rather have peanuts or chicken nuggets and she said "peanut nuggets." Hmm, wonder if they'd be any good?
- A couple months ago during the night while she was sick, Emma coughed so hard she threw up a little and we had to change her sheets and pajamas. A few hours later she started coughing again, and Eric ran in to help her do it in the bucket and not on her bed. He really didn't want to change her sheets again. He succeeded with the bucket, but she coughed so hard she peed. So we still had to change her sheets and her pajamas again. Not way funny, but I still laughed a little.
- One evening while Emma was "trying" to fall asleep I learned the following: Apparently Tinkerbell is making it impossible for Emma to sleep. She's talking too much.
- The night before Eric left on a business trip Emma prayed that he'd be safe and not fall off the plane.
- After seeing the light on in Emma's room from under the door (after she had supposedly gone to bed) I went in to tell her to go to sleep. She looked up from her pile of books at me in awe, and asked, "How did you know?" She'll soon realize that moms know everything. Plus it didn't hurt that she was singing in there.
- Emma cracks me up! She got a little mailbox 2 years ago. The night before her birthday she stuck it outside her door without telling us, after she had gone to bed. Clearly she wanted mail, so we put something in there. Tonight she did the same thing. Quietly stuck her mailbox in the hall without saying a word. Apparently it's time for her to get some more mail and goodies!
- The night before St. Patrick's Day last year Emma prayed that she would be able to catch a leprechaun.
- She always tells me she loves me "a million, billion, trillion."
Mispronounced Words (most of which she doesn’t mispronounce anymore - which makes me sad):
- Instead of breakfast Emma says breakfask.
- reguly instead of regular
- Em-um-ems for M&Ms
- omly instead of only
- radish for rash (ie: "I hope this isn't a radish" referring to a rash on her hands)
- while reading about the ten lepers she thought it was about the ten leopards

- instead of upside-down or inside-out she’ll say upslide-down or inslide-out


For a long time she’d say newseum instead of museum.


- He's not R2D2, he's either RT-do or RT-do-T.


- I love hearing Emma pray for President Monson, President Earring, and President Ufdorf.  She started doing this right after conference last month, and has already started saying them right.  Drat!


- Emma came home from school one day saying this.  She must have heard someone say it, but clearly didn't exactly understand what they said.  It always makes me smile!  "Eenie miney meanie mo, catch a tiny tiny toe, you are it."  It comes in slight variations now, mostly just a little longer, but it's still not quite right. 


This list is far from complete, but that’s all I can think of right now.  I’m sure that as soon as I post this I’ll think of a dozen more.  Isn’t that always the way it is?

2 comments:

LeShel said...

these are so much fun to read!

Jill said...

OH MY GOSH. All of those are so cute and precious! I love all of those. Please post more if you remember them. I love her unique sayings. I like how she pronounced M&M's like she was saying part of her name Emma.