Friday, October 14, 2011

Fall Photo Shoot

I love taking pictures of my family.  Especially in the Fall.  It's so fun being outside and enjoying the weather and the colors, but then I get to focus (ha, no pun intended!) on my two favorite people.  It just doesn't get much better than that.  So last weekend we decided to go to a nearby park and wander around snapping some shots.  This post is mostly going to be pictures, and a lot of them!  And this doesn't even come close to representing all the pictures that I took that day!  Eric always makes fun of me because I'm always saying how much I love digital (you know, as if it's still something so new instead of something that's been around for 15 years or so) because you don't have to worry about how many pictures you take - you can always delete some later, but then I never delete any!  I just can't though.  I love each and every one.  And I have a hard time choosing favorites.  It's like they're some weird breed of children - you just can't get rid of any or play favorites with them!  Oh well.  Enjoy some of my favorites from last weekend.
So typically Emma!
Not quite sure what pose this is...


And just so we didn't forget who we were dealing with, Emma needed to be very crazy for a moment before we found our next spot.

These next few are some of my FAVORITES (even though I don't play favorites, remember?).  As you can tell, the lighting wasn't very good, and we hadn't quite started taking our real pictures here.  But these two were just talking and Eric said something (I wish I remembered what!!) that totally grossed Emma out.  Her facial expressions of disgust and his smirk of self satisfaction with having disgusted her made me laugh.  I just couldn't stop snapping shots, even though the light was crappy.


She did recover from whatever it was he said though!
We did make sure to take some time and just play at the playground too.  You can't go to a park without just relaxing and having some fun!

6 comments:

Heather said...

All great photos. Where did you end up getting them done? And umm...where are you!? You need some mother daughter shots!

Seth and Julie said...

Gorgeous! I think Emma has the coolest color eyes and I am not sure I have ever seen that exact shade on anyone else. I agree with Heather though that you need to hand off the camera for at least one picture, although I never get in front of the camera either if I can help it.

LeShel said...

i LOVE these pics. SO fun!

Holly said...

Heather, we just went to Petrifying Springs Park and wandered around. And I am right where I belong - behind the camera. I do have Eric take pictures with me in them, they're just never as cute as the other ones. And I don't mean that because he's the one taking them. I just don't share them as much because I am extremely NOT photogenic.

Julie, thanks about Emma's eyes. I agree. She's got a ring of fire in there, and these pictures don't even begin to capture it right. And Eric did take some of these pictures. Sometimes I just forget to step into them. I have pictures on our computer though, so someday I'll be able to prove to Emma that I was in fact there on all these outings. ;-)

Jill said...

I love the shots on the slide. These are the first pictures I've seen where Emma looks so much more grown up! I miss her (and you guys) so much! She is getting so big and her hair is so much longer! She's a little girl now, no longer the toddler we went to Disneyland with. And I agree, there needs to be some mother daughter pictures!

Cheryl said...

Really nice pictures. I love the one of them on the slide. What a great moment captured!