Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Recent Happenings

This will just be of some random things that have been going on.  Not really worthy of separate posts each.

We had fun decorating Emma's valentine's box for school.  All the kids were sent a plain brown box home to decorate however they wanted.  This is what we did.  Emma had a blast painting it.
IMG_0232
With some wonderful snow recently, including two snow days, it seemed like the perfect time to go sledding.  Of course, Emma had a blast.  The faster the better.  The more jumps the better.  This child.  It's taken her seven years, but she's finally a daring kid.  Some might just call that normal.  =)  And I love it.
IMG_0217
IMG_0219IMG_0220
We also took Emma ice skating recently for the first time.  Can you believe it?  She's seven and has never been before.  She was hilarious to watch.  But she enjoyed it and can't wait to go back.
IMG_0241
And finally there was a music program recently at Emma's school for the second graders.  They were singing a bunch of Disney songs.  Emma's favorite song was Candle on the Water.  It was really funny hearing her sing that at home as she played.  I started filming the first song when my battery light started flashing.  Typical.  So, I only took a couple pictures and filmed her singing her favorite song.  The rest of the time we just sat and enjoyed.  What's most important is that we were both able to be there for it.  Eric barely made it from work in time, so him just being there made Emma's night. IMG_0272

3 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

That Valentine's box is too cute! So are the sledding pictures and skating pictures. We didn't even sled this year...how lame is that with all the snow we've had?

Jill said...

That valentine's box is seriously so cool. Way cooler than anything I could have thought up (which is not hard to do). I'm glad she liked skating and sledding. I miss her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and you :)

Cheryl said...

Ahhh... the picture of Emma at the school program with little Aiden in the bottom made me a little sad.
We are loving being in Utah but we do miss our friends and Kenosha!