Emma's first day of school this year was actually the school's 4th day in session. She missed the first 3 days due to our trip for my dad's birthday. It was an innocent mistake too. The entire time we've lived here school has never started before Labor Day. With Labor Day being so late this year, I even tried to look up the schedule to double check before booking our flights, but both the school and district servers were down, so I couldn't. I figured I was okay and went ahead and booked. A few days later I got an email from her school, and saw that school started on the 1st of September. Oops! Oh well.
We did pick up some work for her to do when we went to the school open house before we left. There were a couple of art projects that I thought were a little weird to be having 5th graders do. Oh well. She did one that was supposed to be her, and she could decorate it any way she liked. The other is a puzzle piece that has information about her on it. She could decorate it any way she wanted as long as it included her name, 3 words that describe her, her favorite subject, favorite animal, favorite food, and something she liked doing in her spare time.
![]() |
After only a half day at school, it was time for Labor Day weekend. To celebrate what feels like the end of summer, Eric took Emma fishing out on a little boat.




1 comment:
I remember that little boat! I'm SO glad she missed those first couple days to be here with us!! And way to go Emma representing the U of U! I love her little mini-me art project. Her hair and glasses and jersey are spot on!
Post a Comment