Emma has a very detailed bedtime routine. Part of it is reading and singing. She loves loves loves to read and sing. I don't know how she learns songs so fast, and her books are all practically memorized. The last thing we do before she climbs into bed is say a prayer together. Sometimes Eric or I say the prayer, but usually Emma says it's her turn. She loves saying the prayer. She always thanks Heavenly Father for books and songs, and usually thanks Him for Grandma and Papa too. She loves her grandparents!! Sometimes, depending on what we've done lately, she'll thank Him for certain other people. Usually she says thank you for Mommy and Daddy - and I promise it's unprompted! For some crazy reason she likes us. A couple weeks ago she said a couple of the funniest prayers yet. The first night she said "thank you for Mommy, Daddy, Emma, Disneyland. Thank you for red car, mommy's purse, daddy's big shoes, and Emma's diapers." The following night she said, "thank you for red, orange, yellow,..." and proceeded to name all the colors she could think of. Anytime that Eric and I are in a hurry to get her into bed she seems to say a really long prayer. I think it's just a reminder to us that some things are worth taking some extra time for. There is nothing I love more than to listen to Emma say a prayer. And the wierder the better, because it means she's thinking outside the box of what we've taught her and is really thankful for those things. She makes me laugh all the time. I couldn't ask for a better little girl. She's my little angel.
No comments:
Post a Comment