I have always loved the layed back relaxed holidays. I enjoy just being with friends and family and having fun. There is always so much to pick and choose from on the 4th, from breakfasts to lunches and carnivals, water activities, sports, picnics or BBQs, games, fireworks, and of course, trying to hit people's feet with those poppers. Trust me, the last one is the most fun.
This year Emma said she wanted to go swimming, so we didn't say no. She loves diving for rings, and Eric let her try with all of them instead of just one. Of course, she needs a little help getting down to them - otherwise she just stays at the top with her head under and her arms reaching out.
Knowing she would be up later than usual we wanted to make sure she got a nap. And as soon as she was up we were off to get together with family. When they weren't trying to pilfer food prior to dinner, the kids were watching movies and playing outside on the swings (I think all of them got hurt on the swing at least once that day, but they all got right back on), blowing bubbles and throwing bean bags. They tried their hand at ping pong, but that was mostly for the adults. Eric went undefeated which I was happy about until he beat me too (not that I'm great or anything, I just don't like to lose). Dinner was great (you can't beat grilled corn on the cob), and it was wonderful being outside.

1 comment:
Sounds like a fun day. I wish Idaho had the 24th off. It seems like we need more summer holidays to enjoy the beautiful weather.
Post a Comment