After our move and trying to unpack and get settled and then everyone getting sick, I was feeling a little house-bound. I needed to do something fun, and what is more fun than Disneyland?!! Last Saturday my sister and I talked about possibly going to Disneyland this month, and then on Sunday evening at 5:00 pm we decided to leave early the next morning. So, we left early (and I mean early - I picked her up at 3:00 am) and we drove to Anaheim. We arrived and were in the park by 1:00 pm local time, and so we had most of the day there. We were there tuesday and wednesday as well, and on wednesday night we drove part way home. Thursday morning we went into Las Vegas to go to FAO Schwartz to get a toy for Emma that I wanted. Then we drove home. It was fast and very last minute, but it was a lot of fun. Thanks to Eric and Brad for being okay with us going. And thanks to Jill for wanting to come. Emma sure had fun with you there.
In case you didn't notice, Captain Hook isn't being very nice with his hook. He was a little miffed at Emma because she was wearing a Tinker Bell shirt.
In February when I was at Disneyland with Emma, the Carousel was closed. It was open this time and we went on it. Emma loved loved loved it. Did I mention that she loved it? Our first time on she picked the horse she wanted and so we put her on it. This guy comes by and asks me if it's a "special horse". I had no idea what he was talking about. I thought he was just being "funny" with Emma, saying that it must be a special horse because she picked it and all kids pick magical things etc. You know how people can get around kids. Anyway, he would't shut up about it, and it turns out that it was a special horse. Last week Julie Andrews was at Disneyland and they dedicated that horse to her. It has her initials on it as well as some other images depicting Mary Poppins. On the front it says "Honorary Ambassabor." I guess Mary Poppins is 50 years old because it also has the number 50 on it. Wow, what a lucky horse pick. I think the guy was jealous and wanted to ride it himself. Too bad! Maybe next time.
On the way home in the car Emma was clapping (and thrusting her hands forward) along to a song from Music and Lyrics. She was cute, and on the beat, so Jill filmed a little of it.

3 comments:
HOW FUN! I am jealous!
oh, yay for the spur-of-the-moment disneyland trips! i did that a couple of years ago...we left on a thursday, played friday & saturday, then drove all-through the night saturday so that i could make it home sunday for my brother's farewell (i didn't tell the family i was going!!) we walked into the chapel during the second speaker, and my brother (lucky for me!) was third. i'm glad you had a good time!!
That sounds like so much fun! I'm so glad you went!
Post a Comment