Monday, January 19, 2009

A Picture "Perfect" Day

Emma started laughing earlier today and said, "Mommy, I'm laughing at you." Lovely. Mind you, I was driving at the time, so she couldn't see me very well and I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary. No, she was just laughing at me being me. I always new this day would come, but I didn't know it would come so soon. Quite a change from last week when she told Eric that I was her best friend. Maybe I'm her best friend because I can so easily make her laugh. Who knows.

Since Eric had today off work we decided to go to the zoo together. Emma brought her new camera and took pictures of all the animals. It was really funny watching her do this. She hasn't quite mastered standing perfectly still while taking the pictures so usually her shots are a little blurry, but they're still fun to look at.
For some reason Emma wanted to hold onto Eric's eyes while he carried her. I don't think he enjoyed that much.


Here is Emma taking a picture of a tiger statue...

...and here is how her picture turned out.
Here are just a few of the pictures she took. I love seeing things from her perspective.

1 comment:

Connie said...

You're brave to go to the zoo in the winter. I'm a wimp about the cold. The kids have asked to go recently and I just tell them we'll go when it's warmer. But I do love the way the penguin picture looks with all the snow.