Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Sound of Silence

This may make me seem even older than I am, but the other night I had the best time. Emma had been in bed for awhile and Eric had just gone to bed. Usually in the evenings at this time I am working around the house doing something at least a little productive, but I decided to do something different this time. I turned off the music, made sure the TV was off, and just sat and knit. I recently started knitting and it's very relaxing. The quiet was wonderful. There was absolutely no noise from anywhere. The dishwasher wasn't on, there was no laundry going, and there weren't even those odd creaks and miscellaneous sounds you hear sometimes. Nothing. Ahhh. It was so nice. The only thing that could have made it better would be sitting in a rocking chair. Now that does make me sound old! It was very therapeutic enjoying the silence. If you haven't done it lately, I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

Finny said...

Holly, I love knitting. I know what you mean when you say it is theraputic. Not to mention the hand made treasure you have once your finished with it. And don't worry it doesnt make you seem old.Keep it up :)