Thursday, February 19, 2009

Withdrawal

Ahhh, I need to go camping! I'm going through severe withdrawal. I am so ready for spring to get here. I think the snow is pretty and everything, but I don't have a yard to play in with Emma right now, so we can't very easily enjoy it. And I'm too lazy and sick of it to try much harder. I just want to be able to start going on walks with Emma. I love being outside with her. She looks at EVERYTHING we pass with such interest and excitement. I want to not worry about whether she is warm enough or wonder if I should bring her gloves or not. I just want nice sandal weather to be here. And so I'm getting anxious to go camping again. I think we'll go somewhere next month. Even if it's a little chilly at night still. We have lots of blankets and even have a tent space heater from when Emma was really little and we'd go camping. So we're all set. I feel a desperate need to stretch my legs on some hikes and to enjoy the great outdoors. Does anyone else have cabin fever too? Besides going to the zoo and walking to library I don't really know what I can do with Emma outside for extended periods of time (and we live very close to the library so that isn't really extended outdoor time). Ulch! I just want to feel to sun on my way-too-fair-to-be-out-in-the-sun-for-very-long-or-I'll-get-burned-really-bad skin.

Okay, enough complaining for now. For now I said. I'm sure I'll complain about something else soon enough. After all, isn't that the real purpose in life? To complain and be negative? I'm quite sure that's the healthiest way to go.

Fine. I'll end on a possitive note. Emma learned how to say library in German today. Who knows if she'll remember tomorrow, but she nailed it today. That, and she decided she likes leprechauns.

7 comments:

Christy said...

You (kind of) made me want to go camping! When it's not freezing, that is, as you are crazy to brave that.

BTW, we have NEVER gone camping as a family. Or a married couple for that matter. Can we still be friends?

Marsh Mayhem said...

We just got back from St. George -- the whole week without a jacket even in the car. I'm DYING! Totally with you on that one! Except for the camping. I could do without that, but walk weather, bring it!

About the preschools ... one sister in law looked into district schools -- she's really liked them and they're much less expensive than either the U or Discovery. Good luck, I totally fell into ours!

Connie said...

I actually don't have cabin fever as much as I usually do this time of year. And January didn't seem to drag on forever, like it usually does either. So for now I'm enjoying the end of winter and the fact that spring is just around the corner. I love that feeling.

Oh, and We've never been camping as a family either. I'm glad we're not the only ones.

Connie said...

Oh yeah, any book group plans? I'd be happy to host it at my house, there's plenty for the kids to do if we want to do this with kids around. Let me know.

Unknown said...

I agree with this weather and wanting it to be spring. There is so much to do during the warmer months. I haven't been camping in a long time. Matt's family has a cabin at the Weber. It's beautiful up there.

Holly said...

Connie, I need to send an email out about book group. It doesn't matter to me where we do it, so maybe it would be nice to do it at a house instead of a restaurant or something (or my dumb small apartment). =) You'll be seing the email sometime hopefully soon. I'm am having a hard time finding the time and dedication to finish the book though. Maybe setting a date to meet would do the trick.

Holly said...

Oh, and Christy, yes we can still be friends. Maybe sometime this spring or summer we should all go camping with the kiddos. Connie's never done it with the kids either, so it could be fun...unless the reason you guys haven't gone is because you really don't want to. Then I might have to rethink this friendship. =)