Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentine's Cards

Last week Emma and I spent some time making Valentine's cards. I gathered all the equipment I thought we'd need, spread it out, and showed everything to Emma. I told her she was the boss and could decide to do anything. If she wanted ribbon I put it on for her, but other than that she decided everything. She used the punches to punch out some hearts, she placed everything on the cards, she used the stamps (with a little supervision), and colored everything herself. It was so cute seeing her creative juices flowing. She would pause and I would ask if the card was done. Sometimes it was, and other times she would say, "No, it needs something else....it needs some of these" and would grab something and add it. Of course as her mother I think these are the cutest cards EVER! No matter your opinion, here are her creations for your viewing pleasure.


3 comments:

Steph said...

Emma, thank you so much for the Valentine card you sent to Tyler and Brayden! They were so excited to get it! And may I say, you are writing very well! Tyler is writing, but he must have boy handwriting because yours is so much easier to read!!

Keep your eye out for your Valentine; it's in the mail! Love you, Emma!

Connie said...

I love those cards, what a fun idea. I don't know who's more creative, you for thinking of doing that or Emma for her finished product. So fun!

Oh, and to answer the question you posted on my blog, Carol works at a salon as a licenced cosmetologist. Luckily she also makes house-calls for babies. : )

Cara said...

What cute cards. Thanks for the tips you left on my blog. That gave me some food for thought on how I could be more creative and spread the joy to Ben's work buddies as well.