Emma loves to read. If we would let her, she would read every day all day long. The only problem is that she likes us to read with/to her. That's not a problem really, just that we can't do it all day every day. She has lots of books, and many of them are more delicate from when I was litttle, books out of print, or just made out of paper that she might rip. We keep a lot of these books in separate bins in her room so that she'll only have access to them when we are watching her more closely or actually reading with her. Last night while she was playing in her room I heard a loud noise. I called her into the living room to see if she was ok and to see what she was doing. She trotted in with a book for me to look at with her. I looked at the book and realized it was one from these bins - aha! That's what the loud noise was. I went in and saw what she had done. She had pulled one of the bins part way off the shelf (and they're pretty heavy) and then completely ripped the lid off (which is supposed to stay on the container). Wow, what a strong and eager r

eader!
No comments:
Post a Comment