Recently Emma has taken to trotting everywhere. It's sort of a mix between trotting and skipping. She does this all around the house. If we go anywhere and she is holding our hand rather than riding in a cart or stroller she trots then too. I don't know if it's just super fun or if she's forgotten how to walk normally. It's very funny to watch. It makes her seem like she's always excited. Maybe she is. I have been meaning to film her doing it for about 3 weeks now, and sure enough, as soon as I try she stops doing it the same way. So, this isn't perfect, but I hope you can see it alright in this very short video clip. (By the way, she's saying "jump" over and over - in case you don't understand 2 yr old -ease)
She also has almost mastered one of life's most time honored tests for coordination and skill. Behold the head pat and stomach rub as performed by Emma:

2 comments:
That head pat/tummy rub thing is pretty tricky. She sure is trying hard though. I'm impressed. Jace is 4 and I don't think I've even showed that to him. Poor, deprived kid.
I think she may have gotten the whole "not walking" from Ethan. Ashley made the comment that he NEVER just walks, he is jumping, running, skipping or whatever he feels like doing. Emma is so cute!! I love your blog by the way:) You have done a great job.
Post a Comment