For a few weeks now our fridge has been slowly getting worse. Earlier this week it finally died. At least the freezer part did. The fridge part technically worked, although very poorly. I didn't discover this until I opened the freezer to get something out for dinner. I was startled to find quite a bit of thawed food. We immediately put everything into coolers and ran it (drove it actually) over to my parents house to put in their freezer. Luckily they were able to make enough space for us. I REALLY didn't want to lose that food - I had about $200 worth in there. I had recently stocked up on quite a few things, so I would've been sad if we had ended up having an impromtu BBQ for all the neighbors.
Here is one plus to renting: we didn't have to pay for our new fridge! It came yesterday, and I love it. Ahhh, new appliances. What is it about them that makes me so happy? I actually gave the new fridge a hug without realizing it. Hmm, do you think I'm happy?
Second Week of School
2 years ago

3 comments:
It must be a fridge epidemic going around. :) That's nice that you got a new one though. I'm still searching for a replacement. Our hand-me-down one sounds like we live in a wind tunnel, it's seriously so loud.
Before it died ours was so loud sometimes that we had to turn up the tv (in a different room) just to hear it. I totally understand annoying! Hope you find one soon.
We had a fridge once that sounded like a jet-airplane. Hugging is not over-the-top at all.
Post a Comment