Have you ever had one of those moments with one of your children when they do something so funny, but also somewhat inappropriate, that you try not to laugh so as not to encourage the behavior? I'm sure you all have...several times. Well, today I had the worst one with Emma yet. I was sitting on the couch when Emma came walking up to me. She said in a very sly sounding voice, "Mommy", so I looked up. At this point she turned around and slightly bent over. This is when I discovered that she had pulled her pants down to just below her bum. Yup, my cute little girl mooned me. She mooned me! What the?!! At the same time I was shocked I was barely able to contain my laughter. And by the way, I can tell you with assurity, that she did NOT learn this behavior from watching either of her parents. Really. I don't know where she got the idea. We don't do that, I'm fairly certain she didn't see anyone do that at church, and she didn't get it from a movie or tv (I mean, she watches the Brady Bunch - so unless I missed the episode where Greg moons his classmates I think we're safe there). I had to stifle my laughing because I didn't want her to be encouraged to do this to anyone else. As cute as I might think her little rump is, dropping trow is not exactly socially acceptable. So we'll see if it happens again.
4 comments:
That happens ALL THE TIME at my house, unfortunately. Kids, they come with these things pre-programmed!
THAT cracks me up! Truly, mooning is like picking if the nose. You know they didn't learn it from you or what they watch on TV. Perhaps from Church, but you can never be sure, yet little fingers ALWAYS find a way to pick a winner.
I can see her doing that in such a cute way! Maybe she'll do it for me sometime :)!
I am rolling, that is hilarious! Where do they come up with this stuff?! She's darling, cute picture above!
Post a Comment