Thursday, November 27, 2008

More Gratitude Give Me

For as long as I can remember I have been asking Heavenly Father to help me see His blessings each day in my life. I think I do this because I tend to be more on the oblivious end of the spectrum. I don't mean to, but far too often, unless I really think about it, I just don't seem to recognize all that I am blessed with. And it is abolutely not because I am not blessed with much. Quite the contrary is true. I am so uber-blessed that I tend to take for granted all that I have and enjoy.

Each year at this time I really start to think about my blessings and what I am thankful for (don't we all?). This isn't the only time I do this, but it seems to be more focused. I think that the Lord has wanted me to sit up and notice my blessings a little more, and show more gratitude for them in a more obvious way. I'm under this impression because I was asked to teach Relief Society last Sunday and then also asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting. In RS the lesson was on President Monson's talk Finding Joy in the Journey from last Conference, a large portion of which is gratitude, and gratitude was also my assigned topic for my talk. So, this last week that's what I studied. And it was a wonderful reminder of how much the Savior has done for me, and indeed all of us. I came up with a little equation (that's not new information), but it's a good reminder of the process we each should always be working on.

Gratitude = Humility = Abitlity to see more blessings = Happiness

When you're grateful and give thanks for what you have and have been blessed with, you become more humble. When you're humble you acknowledge your need for a higher power and recognize His hand in all things, which enables you to more easily recognize your blessings. When you realize just how blessed you are, you can't help but be happy. This process draws you nearer to the Savior, and helps you to become a little more like Him. It's wonderful being so focused on the positive that you don't have the time to see the negative in anything. The negative just kind of goes away.


I am grateful for everything I have been blessed with, especially wonderful friends and family like all of you. Thanks for putting up with all of my wierdness and forgiving me my many faults. This Thanksgiving I'm especially grateful for all of you. Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: