Saturday, November 1, 2008

Now What?

We had fun trick or treating with Emma last night. She did such a good job yelling "trick or treat" and then holding up her pumpkin for the candy to be put in. Almost every house we went to we were told that she was the prettiest trick or treater yet. One house was so enamored with her that they gave her 3 large size candy bars! Yeah, that's what she needs. Her pumpkin was so full (and we didn't go to that many houses - maybe 20) with candy and other goodies that she was having a hard time carrying it. We had to help her out in between houses. We went over to my Grandma's house for her to visit, and went by my parents house. We also caught up with her cousins for a couple of houses. They were all so cute! (Please note that by this point in the evening most of Timothy's costume wasn't with him anymore - he did dress up more than that!)
But now that Halloween in over, what now? There aren't a lot of places that have Thanksgiving activities or decorations. I don't know of too many people who take their kids to Turkey patches to pick out a turkey. Plus, turkeys are really ugly. So, I'm trying to come up with some things to do with Emma that pertain to Autumn and/or Thanksgiving. I only have a few ideas, so if you have a fun idea or tradition or activity that you do or are planning on doing or have heard of, please let me know about it. I'm always looking for new ideas. It seems like Novemeber is such an empty month compared to October. I told Eric the other day a non-historical explanation for Thanksgiving. After October with all its fun, November comes and you don't do that much. So by the end of the month you are so depressed that you binge on yummy foods. So, to avoid that I'm looking forward to your ideas! Let's hope the nice weather keeps up too!

3 comments:

Marsh Mayhem said...

Hayrides!! I think that Gardener Village is still doing them ... we plan on going!

Darling little one by the way!

Unknown said...

So darling! Full size candy bars! I'm glad I found your blog again. I deleted my blog list and when you left your last comment I realized you weren't on there!

Connie said...

I can't think of any Thanksgiving activities but that's one of the reasons I love it. There's not as much business and hustle and bustle associated with it. Thanksgiving is such a calm and mellow holiday. Just a holiday to be enjoyed without all the hype many of the other holidays have. We don't have any Thanksgiving related traditions and I love it.