Sunday, April 5, 2009

This & That

Well, due to Emma's mooning me, I didn't post about April Fools day. I forgot actually. We didn't do much this year. Emma needs to be a little older to really enjoy it, and to understand why I am playing tricks on her. We did play a couple tricks on Eric though. We took an egg and blew out the contents, leaving the shell intact. Then we put it back in the carton. We also took some cotton balls and dipped them in chocolate and placed them in the fridge to set. When Eric got home Emma asked him to make her an egg. He opened the carton and grabbed out the egg. When he went to crack it in the pan it was empty. Emma loved this one! She laughed and laughed. Eric sort of knew about this one ahead of time, but pretented great. That's why he was cracking the egg so close to the floor. Normally he cooks on the stove. =)

Then we told Eric that since we knew we'd play a trick on him we wanted to make him a goodie to eat. We offered him one of our chocolates, and he gladdly took one. Moments later of course, he realized that this wasn't really that good of a treat. His expression was awesome! I think I enjoyed this one more than Emma, but she still thought it was funny when he spit it out.
Conference was great, although I'm not really surprised...it always is. And now of couse I have a headache. That much TV always gives me a headache, especially when it's spiritually based. And not because I don't enjoy it, but it's like I'm overexerting myself trying to absorb everything said. I'm always impressed at how all the talks (even if they are very similar in topic) are so uniquely good and uplifting. Emma was an absolute angel. She was quiet and content the entire time (and that is NOT easy for a 3 year old to do for 8 hours!). She didn't stay and watch with us the entire time (which I was fine with - I only really cared when President Monson spoke, and so we had her come in then), and would go play in her room. I think I will definately take President Monson's advice and tell her how much I love her!

And while I'm on the subject of Emma, I must say how cute I think she is. She is such a fun mix of boyish and girly interests. She loves pirates , trains and monster sounds, but also loves shoes, purses and dressing up. Sometimes on Sundays I'll curl her hair. She LOVES it curly. She loves the way it bounces. Last Sunday she was so cute I just had to take her picture before we ran out the door.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

She is such a beautiful girl!

Cara said...

Cute curls on Emma. And ditto on the headache after too much tv. I am in the same boat today.

Jill said...

Cute curls! She is wearing my sweater! Yay!

Connie said...

That's fun that she was so into April Fools Day. And Eric is sweet to play along. What a funny girl.

Oh, and I love the curly hair. SO cute!