Monday, October 20, 2008

Five Senses of Fall

As Emma and I were outside the other day I started thinking about Fall. It's my favorite season and there are so many good and fun things about it. As Emma ran from leaf to leaf to crunch them I was thinking about the five senses of Fall. This is my list.

Sight - the changing colors of the leaves

Sound - the sound of leaves crunching beneath your feet

Taste - hot apple cider

Touch - a warm sweater on your skin

Smell - spices in the air

There are a lot of other things I could've mentioned, but I like this list. What does your list include?

1 comment:

ClancyPants said...

Sight- This one glorious tree that I get to see every morning when I take my kids to school. It is flaming red on one side and fades through bright orange and yellow and over to green on the other side. It does it every year and I LOVE it!

Sound- Leaves crunching that bring back childhood memories.

Taste- Pumpkin pie

Touch- Feeling a rake in my hands as I wrestle with pulling it through the grass seeking those leaves.

Smell- The smell of all the candy mixed together in the kids trick-or-treat buckets. It would be even better if they used a pillow case. Then I would be in a childhood-memory-candy-bag-smelling coma!