1. I love old movies. You know those black & white ones your parents and grandparents are familiar with? Yeah, I love those. I don't know why really, but I have always enjoyed watching them. I also love old movies that happen to be in color too. My favorite movie is Singing in the Rain. I guess it has to do with the actual talent of the actors in these movies. They could really act, sing, dance, etc. They weren't just pretty faces or people with great bodies. Don't get me wrong, I love newer movies and think there are some talented people today, but I will always have a fondness for the classics.
2. I wouldn't consider myself crafty, but I do try to release any sort of pent up creativity that might be lurking within me. For example, I have always liked scrapbook supplies (stickers, papers, stamps, brads, etc.) but have never liked or wanted to scrapbook. Funny? Wierd? Maybe, but I love to make cards with all that stuff. It's fun for me to try to create something cute. And I'm not above copying someone else's good idea, so if you have any send them my way.
3. You know how most women love handbags and shoes? Well, I do too, but in addition to these fetishes I also have a pen fetish. That's right, a pen fetish. I love pens. I have always loved writing, and am always making lists etc, so I use pens a lot. For some reason I tend to like my own handwriting with some pens better than others. Too wierd I know. And I don't think it makes any sense. But an example of how far I will go comes from my scripture marking pens. While on my mission in Austria I was in an office supply store and found a pack of Pilot pens that were very fine tipped. I used them to mark in my scriptures and loved them. They were fine enough to fit all my ramblings along the edges and in between verses. Not planning ahead (after all, I did have some other stuff on my mind besides pens - I wasn't that terrible of a missionary!) I didn't buy more before leaving to come home. These pens are not available in the U.S. Not even from the U.S. Pilot website. Eventually I found a non-U.S. site that I could order them from, and pay huge amounts of shipping because it was overseas. Worth it? You bet. I love these pens. Wierd? Of course, but then again, it's me, so what do you expect? Now, this fetish is not so overpowering that I cannot function if I don't have the right pen or anything. But if I can find it, I will. Usually it's not a problem finding one I like. As Eric will attest, I have way too many pens in my house. But I love them all.
4. I like doing crossword puzzles. But not just any puzzle, specifically the local Tribune's (okay, in all fairness once in Seattle I bought a paper there and really enjoyed it too, but that's the only other crossword I've ever liked). I also like the sudoku and word jumbles that come with it. I do it almost everyday. My dad emails me the puzzles and I print them at home. They are also fun to take with you on road trips to work on together out loud.
5. I'm an avid board gamer. If you have the right group of people and the right game, nothing is more fun. I'm not talking about Boggle or Clue either. Sure they can be fun, but I'm talking about the big, strategy filled, epic adventure ones. Some of my favorites are Mystery at the Abbey, Colosseum, Cleopatra, Shadows Over Camelot & Pirate's Cove. Another really funny one (that's also faster and less expensive) is Red Dragon Inn. My family frequently gets together for game nights. If you're wanting to look at the descriptions of some of these games you can go to http://www.daysofwonder.com/. A lot of my favorites are made by this company. Of course, I also love playing poker. My family has also done that for as long as I can remember. My step-Grandma plays with us too! If you ever want to learn how to play, just let me know.
6. I think that German is a pretty language. Most people think of it as a very harsh and spitty language. And yes, it can sound harsh and some words can be very spitty, but the regular everyday spoken language is extremely beautiful.
7. Once while in Las Vegas I wanted to buy hot chocolate on a 110 degree day. Hey, what can I say? Sometimes you just really want some.
I tag Christy, Janna, Wendy, Kristi, & Angela

5 comments:
Oh my gosh! I totally forgot that you taught me (and the other girls) how to play in high school! Now that you mention it, I remember sitting in your basement and playing. Good times! Too bad I can't remember how anymore. Maybe we should add that to our 'things to do list' for our Christmas dinner. Ha ha!
YAY!! I'm so glad I tagged you! This was super fun to get to know some little quirky things about you! Love it!
And... I must say that I don't find the pen thing to be weird at all... but that's because I'm the same freakin' way. I too am a pen freak. I love the way certain pens write. My husband always brings pens home from work and then I steal them from him because they write so awesome!!! :) You and your pen fetish rule.
My grandma did the Trib crossword puzzle almost every day. I will always think of her and the way she wrote each letter so deliberately with her pencil. (and, Miss Pen Fetish... does pencil on newspaper freak you out as much as it does me? EEEEK!! Like nails on a chalkboard!)
:)
Thanks again for playin' tag! :)
Wow, I've never even heard of the board games you like to play. But these days my board game activity consisits of Chutes and Ladders, Candy Land, and Memory with the occasional gmae of Hungry Hungry Hippos. So I guess strategy filled games are a little ways off for me.
...and by gmae I mean game.
I love tag posts because you get to learn so much about people. I'm slow in getting to this but I'll do it soon. :)
Post a Comment