Sunday, October 19, 2008

Great Pumpkin Festival


Last night we went out to a farm for their Great Pumpkin Festival. They had free hay rides, a pumpkin patch, donuts and the best hot apple cider I've ever had. You pull up your blankets or chairs and watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown outside. Their screen was actually the side of a white truck. I might have expected more if I was paying to watch the show, but since it was free the truck was fun. It actually really did look fine. They got a pretty good size crowd too. They showed it 3 times in a row, so more people could watch. Emma wanted to watch it twice, so we stayed around longer. She loves this show. She loves the costumes the kids wear and thinks it's hilarious each time Charlie Brown gets a rock instead of candy. As we were walking back to the car Emma said those magic words that make every parent so happy, "That was fun!"

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I love Halloween activities. It looks like you guys had a great time!

ClancyPants said...

What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing!