Friday, May 30, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We made it home yesterday late afternoon. I was so ready to be out of the car and I know Emma was too. When we first started that morning we were both so crabby...just bickering back and forth...until breakfast. Nothing fancy, but it hit the spot. Emma is a really good traveler, which is a relief considering how much she'd cry in the car when she was a newborn. She'll play with her toys, sing songs, or watch a video. She's such a mellow child. I love that about her.

On our way home, we of course stopped at Disneyland. I won't be back for a few months (I don't do Disneyland in the summer...yuck), so I wanted to go again. Our first day was more crowded than I had hoped, and was hot of course. The lines were longer and Emma wanted to be held more, so it all added up to be a long day. One entertaining thing we saw was while we were in line at pirates of the carribbean. Up in the tree house next to us on the rope bridge they had a show down between Indiana Jones and one of the priest people from the second movie. It was fun to see him up there with his whip... almost as good as watching the movie. I almost decided not to go back the next day and just start for home sooner, but then decided I'd give it a try. Wednesday was so much better!!! It wasn't as hot, or as crowded. We headed straight back to fantasyland and were among the first 10 people on Peter Pan. Yeah no line!! Then we went on Dumbo, the carousel, snow white, dumbo again, the tea cups, and story book land, all with very very minimal lines. We saw Goofy and Gipetto and that cat guy from Pinochio all ride on dumbo and the carousel. Emma thought that was hilarious. Then we went back to the Princess Fantasy Faire to meet some of the princesses. Ok, I've never done this before, but if you have a little girl it's a must! The line to meet the princesses is long and slow moving, but other than that it's fabulous. There are always 3 princesses there, and it changes all the time. I only hoped that it would be some decent ones for Emma since she doesn't know that many of them. I was worried that it would be Pocahontas, Esmerelde (from the Hunchback), and someone else that she'd never heard of. Luckily there was Belle, Cinderella, Princess Minnie, and Mulan. She doesn't know Mulan, but she got to see minnie as she was leaving. I was hurrying so fast to get a picture that it ended up blurry, but that's okay.












After meeting them, we went and sat for a story time with Aurora and learned about her story. They had an area for coloring with pages of disney characters that Emma liked. They had crowns with stickers for you to make, and a show on the stage where they teach you how to be a prince or a princess, and how to dance etc. We bought a cookie shaped like a castle and decorated it with frosting they give you too. It was so much fun up there, and Emma isn't even the girliest girl out there.























The rest of the day was fun, and traffic wasn't as bad as I thought it would be as we headed out of town. Emma is so happy to be home with Eric and all her own toys. She loves having her own bed again, and slept for more than 12 hours last night. She had fun playing with Kayla, and I hope they stay friends as they grow up, but it's good to be home.

1 comment:

Connie said...

I bet it feels good to be home. I was just telling Heidi that we all need to get together once you're back in town. Glad you made it back ok.