Thursday, May 22, 2008

Stories on Recent Events

Okay, so it's been nice here in California.  There hasn't been any snow, and it's only rained once since I arrived... so I can't complain.  It has been hot, but Emma and I have survived.  So, as I've said in previous posts, the girls seem to be getting on fairly well.  They've become very possessive of anything that they are holding or playing with.  Today, however, they reached a new low.  They were standing in the living room and were arguing over the physical spaces they were occupying.  Saying "My space" over and over again.  They were in different spots, but both wanted to make sure the other was fully aware of where she was standing.  I don't know if they are acting the way they are partly because they are the same age or if it's just everything else they are both dealing with while living together.  Is this what multiple's are like?!!  If so, then bless you Donna!!  I think the girls are getting ready to have more of their own space again.  They'll be obliged soon enough.

About American Idol... I was watching to finale (mostly skipping to the end) to see if my earlier prediction about the winner was right (I had been correct about the 2 finalists), and just as the Davids were standing there listening to Ryan Seacrest say  "and the winner of American Idol season 7 is...", the recording ended.  The recording ended?!!  Yup.  Sometimes DVR's are not your best friend.  I had to get online to find out who won.  The only part of the show I really wanted to see wasn't even recorded!  UGGGH!  Oh well, it's nice to know I was right.  I didn't realize how good I was at predicting the future.  If any of you need help seeing ahead, just let me know.  =)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

holly!

The EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!! only, i was on the east coast watching. we had recorded it, started it late, and by the time the DVR ended, it was like 8:50 in utah...so, we called up friends in utah and listened to the results over the phone. how anticlimactic! then we did what you did...watched it online the next day. silly DVR!