Sunday, May 25, 2008

Our Day Out

Yesterday Emma and I went off to have some fun.  First I had to stop at the Crate & Barrel in Beverly Hills.  I love that store, and since we don't have any by us at home, I stop by whenever I'm around one.  We then went down to the Santa Monica Pier.  Emma loves the ocean and the beach (even though she's only been there a few times before), and was very excited to see them again. They were setting up some crosses on the beach, obviously for Memorial Day.  Emma liked the wooden planks on the pier - mostly because it made the stroller ride a bumpy one.  We walked over to the Third Street Promenade to look in some of the shops.  Emma thought the plant dinosaurs they had all along there were pretty cool.  After a very nutritious lunch (Emma said she wanted fries), we drove to The Grove at Farmer's Market.  On our way we drove past the LA Temple.  I love that temple.  I haven't had the chance to go through it yet, but it's just a magnificent building.  When we past it Emma wanted to sing the temple song (I love to see the Temple).  We didn't spend long at the Grove, but it seemed like a fun place to go shopping.  We got back, made dinner and spent the evening at home.











2 comments:

Janna said...

It looks like you are having a good time there. When do you plan on heading back to UT?
Call me sometime!!

Connie said...

Sounds like a fun day, you did a little of everything and I bet Emma had fun. We'll have to get together sometime when you are home.